Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! This week’s edition includes: Stretchy lids, Parks and Rec vs. The Office showdown, funky fresh vibes, and so much more.
By the time you read this, I’ll be on a tropical beach basking in the sun with an ice cold Diet Coke in my hand.
JUST KIDDING. By the time you read this, I’m more than likely in my fuzzy fleece pajamas with a second-day top-knot sipping on a mug of hot chocolate under 14 layers of blankets. What I’m saying is: IT’S COLD, Y’ALL!
While it doesn’t snow here in Portland, Oregon where I live, we get this crazy cloud cover in the morning where the fog is dense and you can feel the humidity pierce your skin. If (and that’s a b.i.g. IF) it snows, the whole city will shut down, schools will close, and we’ll all bundle up to play in the 1/2 inch dusting of snow.
Being originally from Utah, this boggles my mind because snow is just a part of everyday life there, but in the PNW, snow is a wonder to behold! Has it snowed where you are yet and tell me what your drink of choice is to stay roasty toast?
Let’s see how the Simply Recipes team is doing, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Stretchy Lids – Emma thought these lids looked genius for kids, and I have to agree!
- Magnolia Mug – I bought this mug a few years ago when I went to the Magnolia Silos and I adore it.
- How Midwesterner’s say goodbye – Andy felt this was a particularly important subject to bring awareness to, especially this time of year.
- Who Said It? Any Parks and Rec or The Office fans out there? This was a super fun quiz to take to see how well you know quotes from each show!
- Uptown Funk – Sending you off into the weekend with some FUNKY FRESH VIBES!
INSTAGRAM IS COMIN’ IN HOT!
Everyone was up for a round of BREAD PUDDING! It’s such a beloved classic, and just a heads up that if you’re looking for a nonalcoholic version, you can use 1/2 cup of water mixed with 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of cider or white vinegar in place of the bourbon. IT’S A HOLIDAY MIRACLE.
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Reading happy comments is our jam. Seriously. And, this week we discovered from our reader, Jacomine, that our Zucchini Muffins are:
REALLY the best!! Even with South African ingredients. Many thanks!!! Used macadamia nut oil instead of butter and choc chips instead of cranberries. YUMMM!!!
Let’s all take a moment to do the happy dance! This comment was the best. Thanks, Jacomine!
Cheers to staying warm and dreaming of tropical beaches!