Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Does Paul Rudd age? Are sherpa blankets worth it? Baileys Irish Baking Chips? AND SO MUCH MORE!
This week I have traveled to the sunny land of Arizona for Pinner’s Conference. Ever heard of it? It’s basically two jam-packed days of learning new crafting techniques (I’m a hard core crafter through-and-through!) and also taking classes centered around DIY, cooking, self-improvement, party planning, holidays, and everything else in between.
What’s cool is you can customize the classes you take! While I’m going with a few of my friends, we all picked classes depending on our interests. I’m taking a macrame wall hanging class, a charcuterie board styling class, learning how to travel more while spending less, learning how to do hand lettering, and a few others.
I’m ready to learn all the things, bask in the glorious Arizona sun, and spend some much needed time with friends! So if anyone needs me, I’ll be living it up mom-style in my mom-jeans with a refreshing Diet Coke in hand.
Let’s see how the Simply Recipes Team has been living it up, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Guess the age! Cambria shared this quiz with us on seeing if you could guess which picture of Paul Rudd is older… I took it and got a whopping 16/20!
- Say cheese! Any grilled cheese lovers out there? This toaster would be a fun holiday gift!
- Beddy’s! I bought Beddy’s bedding for my kids a few months ago and love it. It’s so easy for them to make their beds now and it’s incredibly comfy. I recently bought this one for myself and am ridiculously smitten.
- Warmer days ahead – Megan has been freezing in her office this week (the weather has shifted dramatically here in the PNW) and decided she needs this cozy sherpa throw!
- Cookie monster – Carrie says these baking chips are the perfect balance of chocolate and Irish creaminess and add a little sparkle to any cookie tray.
- Little Sprouts – Megan’s friend, Sara, came out with a beautiful new ebook about helping get your kiddos to eat more veggies. All really doable, not fussy recipes!
MEANWHILE ON THE GOOD OLD INSTAGRAM
Let’s talk about GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS! Our readers weighed in on what they would top this Graham Cracker Crust with. Most popular answer? KEY LIME PIE! Other top contenders that made the list:
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Banana Cream Pie (recipe coming soon!)
- Just eating the crust plain because it’s just that good. (Okay, that was my choice, but many readers totally agreed with me!)
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Keep those comments coming! You keep us busy and we LOVE IT! Lucie recently wrote to us about our Rotisserie Chicken Stroganoff and said:
This recipe is a keeper! I always have a rotisserie chicken on hand and love discovering new recipes that use it. I didn’t have any egg noodles so I used mashed potatoes. Delicious! This came together quickly. The recipe was well written and easy to follow. Thanks SO much!
Once again, rotisserie chicken saves the day!
Cheers to the weekend!