Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: The Team is dishing all about being stranded on a desert island!
Let’s talk desert islands for a minute. I rewatched Castaway for the umpteenth time (it’s a fave!) and it got me thinking on how I would even survive on a desert island. That’d be quite the comical scene, let me tell you. Truth be told, camping is a stretch for me, so Desert Island Claudia isn’t going to be anything pretty. I’m definitely a girl of modern conveniences, buuuut I’m sure if it came down to the wire and I had to survive, I would be able to. #determination
I thought it’d be fun to see what desert island food (or foods) of each member of The Simply Recipes Team would choose. I asked them what they would be able to eat for the rest of forever and not get sick of it…. Let’s see what they all said, shall we?
DESERT ISLAND MUST-HAVES
- Emma, Editor-in-Chief: Eggs are a must. They’re nutritious and delicious. Also: POPCORN.
- Summer, Associate Editor: Berries or watermelon. She’s also desert island savvy and is thinking beyond food so she’d also take a knife, her phone, and solar charger.
- Carrie, Associate Editor: Definitely potatoes. Then cookies. Then berries.
- Megan, Marketing Director: Avocados, ice cream, chocolate covered almonds. Now, wait a minute… she is now adding COCONUT CAKE to the list!
- Claudia, Community Manager: Peanut butter and jelly. Crunchy Cheetos. Let’s not forget Diet Coke! Definitely not healthy in any way, shape, or form but SO GOOD.
- Andy, Art Director: Baked Mac and Cheese (preferably including some ham or bacon bits).
What about you?! What’s your desert island food?
WHAT’S HAPPENING OVER ON INSTAGRAM
We asked readers across the globe on how they love to eat avocados. Let’s count the ways in how avocados can be enjoyed:
- Avocado + milk + sugar
- Sliced in half with a little salt
- Smashed up on toast with eggs and a dash of hot sauce
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and fill with tuna salad
- Spicy guacamole
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
David P is now deeply devoted to our Three Sisters Casserole. Here’s what he had to say:
Slamming Delicious!! Butternut squash…awesome surprise. This recipe is now permanently placed in my rotation.
You know something is delicious when you eat it regularly!
Cheers to another phenomenal week!