HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN JICAMA FRIES… IT IS SO EASY!
Slice peeled jicama into fries and add to boiling salted water and boil for 10 minutes. Transfer boiled jicama to a large mixing bowl.
If you’re missing french fries, you NEED to try these Golden Jicama Fries! These baked jicama fries.
are a perfect side dish, appetizer, or snack for those following keto, low carb, paleo, Whole30, and vegan diets. Ditch the traditional french fries and try these baked jicama fries!
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 15 oz raw jicama
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Using a vegetable peeler, peel skin from jicama. Slice peeled jicama into fries.
- To a medium pot over high heat, add water and ½ tsp salt and bring to a boil. Add sliced jicama, cover pot, and boil for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and drain water.
- Transfer jicama to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with avocado oil and add remaining 1 tsp salt, turmeric, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Toss using tongs until jicama is fully-coated in oil and spices.
- Transfer seasoned jicama onto the prepared baking sheet in single layer. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before garnishing with chopped fresh parsley.