- 100g thin-stemmed broccoli, trimmed and halved
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 medium free-range eggs (fridge cold)
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 2 wholemeal flatbreads (see Goes well with for recipe)
- 2 tsp mixed seeds (such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed)
- 1 tsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- good pinch of chilli flakes
Boil the kettle. Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1/2 and put an ovenproof plate inside to warm up. Fill a wide-based saucepan one-third full of water from the kettle and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes, return to the boil and cook for 30 secs. Lift out with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on the warm plate in the oven while you poach the eggs.
Return the water to a gentle simmer. Break the eggs into the pan, one at a time, and cook for 2 1/2 – 3 mins or until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.
Divide the flatbreads between the two plates and top with the broccoli and tomatoes. Use a slotted spoon to drain the eggs, then place on top. Sprinkle with the seeds and drizzle with the oil. Season with a little black pepper and the chilli flakes, and serve immediately.